I'm really new to electronics and I need help.

Say I have Line A. I need to control Line A to set it as HIGH or LOW using a one time signal through one input line X or maximum through two lines X and Y (maybe one for turning HIGH and another for turning LOW, but both using one time signal).

What I mean by one time signal is like HIGH for a few milliseconds then goes LOW. (is there a term for this? please tell me.)

It can be drawn like this: enter image description here

Also, is this kind of circuit common and has a name?

Thank you all.

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Hard to be sure, but it sounds like a set-reset flip-flop to me. \$\endgroup\$ – Dave Tweed Jan 2 at 1:25
  • \$\begingroup\$ @DaveTweed Is there any other method without the need of transistors? \$\endgroup\$ – khalid5d3 Jan 2 at 3:03
  • \$\begingroup\$ No. Any sort of latch circuit requires positive feedback, which requires gain. This means an active device of some sort, usually transistors. That said, there are non-electronic solutions, such as a latching relay. \$\endgroup\$ – Dave Tweed Jan 2 at 5:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.