I have the following connectors on a USB dongle (the ones on the left of DEBUG):

enter image description here

They are tiny (I put the dongle on an Arduino to show the differences with the typical ones I know)

Are they standard? And if so - is there a specific name for them which I could use to search a connector? (I clumsily tried to solder some cables instead but this is out of my soldering league)

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ It looks like a pretty standard 0.05" pitch pin header. I use them daily. These may help ... \$\endgroup\$
    – brhans
    Jan 6, 2019 at 15:00
  • \$\begingroup\$ There are also 2mm pitch and 1mm pitch pin headers. \$\endgroup\$
    – Janka
    Jan 6, 2019 at 15:10
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ What is your goal here? If you read the manual for the TI CC-Debugger programmer that is intended to plug in there, you'll see listed in the package contents "1 x 10-pin flat cable with 2x5 1.27 mm connector". If you are designing your own product consider putting the few signals actually required on something compatible with a spring pin fixture and not just manual cable connection. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 6, 2019 at 18:02
  • \$\begingroup\$ They look like normal "header pins" or "dupont pins" to me. They are pretty standard across electronics like the Arduino, Pi, etc. You can buy male/female ones and cables too - at a low cost. Just search header/dupont cables on eBay or wherever. \$\endgroup\$
    – QuickishFM
    Jan 6, 2019 at 20:28
  • \$\begingroup\$ @ChrisStratton: I just need to reflash the dongle via an Arduino (koenkk.github.io/zigbee2mqtt/information/…) and the physical connection is on the way. \$\endgroup\$
    – WoJ
    Jan 7, 2019 at 7:22

1 Answer 1


Those are the 1.27mm pinheaders, often used for ARM Cortex SWD debug connectors. However, this is a TI CC2531F256 wireless SoC.

Samtec has one with small shroud under sku: FTSH-105-01-L-DV-K.

enter image description here

(Other vendors also sell parts similar to this, but not with a 3D part tool as Samtec website)

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Sort of. It does indeed look like a similar connector. But this is not SWD as the MCU pictured has an 8051 core not an ARM core. So one might be able to buy a "straight through" cable adapter from the small pitch to a larger one intended for ARM and use that, but something with ARM-specific wiring would probably not work. \$\endgroup\$ Jan 6, 2019 at 17:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.