Trying to connect Ultrasonic sensor to my raspberry Pi. Im aware of two methods:
- connect the trig to a 1k resister before connecting to raspberry pi
- Use a 8-Channel Logic level converter
I trying out method 2 but cant find good example of how the logic converter works/wired up.
The example I'm currently looking it is this instructable. I don't understand why this example board 3.3 V is wired up.
The configuration I'm thinking of is:
- Raspberry 5v to Ultra Sensor VCC.
- Ultra Sensor GND to PiGND.
- PI Gpio pin to Echo pin of Ultra Sensor.
- Ultra sensor Trig to Level converter to PI Input Pin.
Can someone tell me how to hook this thing up?