I'm having trouble deciphering some abbreviations in a parts list of capacitors from a technical manual for an old (80s-90s) computer. I've managed to work out that "CPCTR" stands for "Capacitor", however I'm not sure about the abbreviations after that. I guess they describe the type of capacitor? Here's the different types listed:

  • CPCTR CER ("Ceramic" maybe?)
  • CPCTR DCPLR ("DC Polarized" maybe?)

The one I really need to translate is CPCTR DCPLR. The others are provided mainly for context. Google has been no help I'm afraid.

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ CPCTR TANT - Tantalum, CPCTR ALEC - Aluminium Electrolytic \$\endgroup\$ – Colin Jan 28 '19 at 9:12
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Typical values (and voltage ratings) could be a good clue. \$\endgroup\$ – Spehro Pefhany Jan 28 '19 at 9:16

Quite likely: DECOUPLER


Remove the decoupling capacitor 'A' nearest to 1C1

Part list: Item Part No. Description Qty Remarks
92   0680,100 CPCTR DCPLR 33/47n AX 12V 39 'A'

From other part lists, it is said to be a SMD component.

| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ wow. great detective work \$\endgroup\$ – sg- Jan 28 '19 at 11:00
  • \$\begingroup\$ google is still your friend ;) \$\endgroup\$ – Huisman Jan 28 '19 at 11:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.