I have 16 potentiometers of the same value (with some tolerance) like this. The wipers go to muxers and then to ADC pins of a micro-controller.
On the breadboard this worked fine (using only a few potentiometers), but now that I soldered it together and testing each pot, 2 pots in the middle behave weird. When I disconnect the circuit from power and use a multimeter to measure their resistor value while dialing from min to max, then the value goes up for a while and then all of a sudden goes down again. It never reaches 4.7k at all.
Since I am not an electronic engineer, I wonder if I just managed to buy some broken pots or if I did something stupid here (in which case buying new pots and swapping them won't help).