I am trying to repair my set of Bose QC25s and I need to buy more cable in order to do so. I am not sure which type I need specifically. The cable looks like this:enter image description here

It appears to have 4 conductors, 3 of which are coated in enamel insulation and 1 that is bare copper. The diameter of the outer insulation is 2mm, while the inner conductors are ~0.5mm in diameter.

My searches on electronic suppliers with these parameters have not been successful.

If you know what type of cable this is, I would be very happy to know!

  • \$\begingroup\$ Welcome to EE.SE, your question appears like a repair based question. Change your question such that it should appear more like a part identification based question as repair questions are off-topic here. \$\endgroup\$ – Electric_90 Feb 16 '19 at 4:25
  • \$\begingroup\$ that may be special highly flexible cable ..... the photo that you posted is not very good (should be covering only 6 squares, not 50) ...... the individual conductors probably consist of a bundle of non-conductive fiber with wire wound around the outside of the bundle ..... these are a pain to solder properly .......... google ultraflexible miniature cables \$\endgroup\$ – jsotola Feb 16 '19 at 8:03
  • \$\begingroup\$ maybe you can install a headphone jack into the headphones and then use a patch cable to connect the headphones \$\endgroup\$ – jsotola Feb 16 '19 at 8:12
  • A lot of audio devices use these kinds of wire.
  • These wires are simply known as Enamel Wire / Magnet Wire.
  • In your case it is a 4-pole enamel wire (see this).
  • Also, take a look at this hackaday post.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.