I have a BlueNRG USB Dongle (IDB006V1) Eval board that I'd like to set in advertising mode but I just can't get it there as it throws a
I've install the BlueNRG GUI and the dongle is recognized so I opened the corresponding COM port (ST DK).
I then updated the firmware
BlueNRG-MS_stack/bluenrg_7_3_Mode_2-32MHz-XO32K_4M.img what seemed to work.
ACI Utilities I first do
Init Device... with the default settings.
- Role = ALL
- Stack Mode = 2 (my assumption according to the select file above)
- Address = Public 0280E100E155
- Tx Power Level = -2dBm
This finishes with a
HCI_COMMAND_COMPLETE_EVENT so I assume it was successful.
I then try to set it to
Advertising... with the following settings
- Mode = GNERAL DISCOVERABLE MODE
- Advertising Type = ADV_IND
- Filter Policy = Allow Scan Request from any
- Own Address Type = Public Device Address
- Advertising Interval = 2000-2000
- Slave Connection Interval = 0-0
- Set Local Name = BlueNRG
It then does a
ACI_GAP_SET_DISCOVERABLE which both return
HCI_COMMAND_COMPLETE_EVENT but then I get the
HCI_HARDWARE_ERROR_EVENT, a few seconds later a
The error details state that is was a
Timer overrun error most likely related to the SPI bus, but that should be part of the FW image? So what am I missing?
Sometimes you just have to get a different point of view. Turned out I've to load the
16MHz Firmware instead of the
32MHz. Usually the ST Manuals are quite good, but on this I'm missing some guidelines that would ease up the whole "getting started" process.