Just a bit of context, I am a technology enthusiast. I love everything from software to hardware, Windows to Linux, Computer to Phone, and everything in between. So, I wouldn't be surprised is my electrical usage exceeds 50% of the entire household (8 people). To power all of the equipment I use, I use a pretty expensive surge protector, with 12 outlets on it. Recently, I have been very plain and simply, running out of outlets.
I have an extension cord with 3 outlets on it. Maybe, I thought, I could plug some of the things on my surge protector into the extension cord, and then the extension cord into the surge protector. I know, it's pretty dumb of me, but I went and did it, without checking to see if it was safe first. But I did, and everything seems to running fine. It's been running for about a 30 minutes now, and neither the surge protector or the extension cord are overheating.
However, after the fact, I am reading on websites about weather or not this is safe, and they're all saying it's not, even though everything is running perfectly fine. Thoughts? Something I'm not understanding?