I know I've seen the symbol before, it's something like a circle with an open triangle facing in the direction of current flow with a line through the middle. I'm specifically thinking of the transducers in electric guitar pickups. I've seen the symbol before but now I can't find it.


From Graphic Symbols for Electrical and Electronics Diagrams

2.11 Transducer


Motional Pickup Transducer

Use only if a more specific symbol is not applicable, e.g., tachometer generator, microphone, motor, loudspeaker, etc.

2.11.1 General, electrical output



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.