Test laboratory of our factory asked me to design an isolated high voltage amplifier. Here are the requirements:
- The circuit will be built with transistors and passive components in the lab. (No IC usage - because we don't have any and can't buy)
- The circuit will be supplied from lab power supply (Vs < 40VDC).
- The input signal will be applied from the function generator (1Vrms sine - frequency may vary between 10kHz and 100kHz).
- The output will be isolated and have a peak value of 1.5kV.
- Output power will be 100mW max.
Here's my design on paper:
As you can see, the circuit is a simple Class AB amplifier with inductive load. Since the voltage gain is 10V/V, the voltage across the primary will be 10Vrms, so the output will be 1kVrms = 1.5kVpk.
Is there any problem with this circuit? What can you suggest?