I have been working with OpenCV on Desktop environment for the past one year and now I want to shift to dedicated hardware for my real time image processing applications. I have the following questions:
- Which development boards (FPGA/Microcontroller) are good for implementing image processing algorithms? The image capturing device will be webcam.
- Will I be able to code in C/C++ and convert the code into assembly level and dump it in that development board?
- Will I be able to use libraries like OpenCV in those image processing algorithms?
Since webcams will be used, the image interface/resolution is:
- Interface USB 2.0
- Resolution max 640 x 480
- Frame rate 25 - 30 fps
- Depth 8 x 3 for colored image 8 x 1 for gray
- Application: thresholding, gesture recognition, object detection, tracking, optical flow