Where can I find a female AC power socket plate/panel and a male computer cable plate/panel which can be installed in an electronics enclosure? I am building a sousvide PID controller which will allow a slow cooker to be plunged into the PID controller. The PID controller will then plug into the wall via a computer power cord. I have no idea what these parts are called or where to find them.


I am looking for a UK version of this panel mounted socket It must exist somewhere right? Or is there an adapter for it?


  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Pick the picture that matches your wall from Wikipedia. That will tell you the name/number you need. \$\endgroup\$ – embedded.kyle Oct 3 '12 at 17:27

The search terms you are looking for are "IEC panel mount" for the computer inlet and "13A panel mount" for a UK socket.

Try RS or similar who have a large range of both items.

| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks for the advice, I can now find the IEC but can't really find the 13A as all I get are wall mount panels and not ones for electronic enclosures. Will phone RS to get more info. Thanks again. \$\endgroup\$ – skyfoot Oct 3 '12 at 21:17
  • \$\begingroup\$ Did you see the round sockets? Such as this one. Alternatively look for Berker sockets for use in caravans etc. \$\endgroup\$ – colincameron Oct 3 '12 at 22:26
  • \$\begingroup\$ thanks for the help but i want a 13a socket similar to this IEC one which can be fitted into an enclosure. uk.rs-online.com/web/p/iec-connectors/2043879 \$\endgroup\$ – skyfoot Oct 4 '12 at 7:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.