I'd like to know what type of cable this is. It looks very similar to the types used in phones and tablets and is for a camera. I need a replacement and would appreciate any help to locate the correct part.

Ribbon cable

enter image description here

Many thanks for your help.

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ "FFC/FPC cable" is what you are looking for. One cut like that which is not straight is probably custom though. That might actually classify more as a flex PCB than FFC/FPC cable. \$\endgroup\$
    – DKNguyen
    Mar 20, 2019 at 19:28
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ You might want to specify the equipment make and model from where this cable comes from, otherwise the chances of us suggesting were to find it are very slim. \$\endgroup\$
    – Elmesito
    Mar 20, 2019 at 19:39
  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ " I need a replacement" You could just fix the connections using wires. Check which one(s) is/are broken and bypass it/them. \$\endgroup\$
    – Oldfart
    Mar 20, 2019 at 19:40
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ It's flex PCB, and it's custom made. So you're not going to be able to just swap out the whole thing unless you can get your hands on a the same make & model of equipment that's broken some other way than yours. \$\endgroup\$
    – TimWescott
    Mar 20, 2019 at 20:11
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Have you tried to contact the manufacturer of this SenseView Duo magnifier to see if they could send you a replacement part? Or looked on ebay for the same thing sold as "for parts"? Failing that, it would be simple, if kind of expensive, to draw up a roughly-equivalent flex pcb in KiCad and get it printed from a cheap PCB fab. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hearth
    Mar 20, 2019 at 23:31

1 Answer 1


Looks like a flex cable for phone battery. Contact manufacturer to get replacement cable or if someone makes it aftermarket. If replacing battery, flex cable comes with it.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.