I'm looking to build an interesting lighting rig comprised of lampshades for my band. Here's an image of what I want to achieve:
I have Logic pro running in my Macbook pro. I want to create MIDI tracks that control each lampshade.
I'm looking to map each lampshade with a corresponding note. So that when I play a MIDI track, each lampshade will light up when a note in the MIDI track is played.
Here are some things that I want to achieve as well:
- Accept MIDI velocity parameters (0 - 128) to determine lampshade brightness and fade-ins/outs
- Allow combinations of notes (e.g. playing C#1 and E#2 at the same time will trigger two lampshade simultaneously).
Here are my questions:
- Is this feasible?
- What's the best way to get started?
- Is there a concern for blowing any fuses with this setup? (We plan to play in several clubs)
- Are there any methods I should consider, or things I should be concerned about?
- Do you have any ideas to make this lighting rig much more interesting?
I have some previous experience with Arduino. It's mostly lost to me now, but I'm willing to get back to it.