I just bought an Ortofon RMG212 tonearm without a phono plug connector. What is the name of this connector, so I can find phono plugs to connect to my pre amp? I think it's some sort of 7 pin or maybe 8 pin DINenter image description here

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ It looks like a 7-pin miniature vacuum tube socket. \$\endgroup\$ – Dave Tweed Mar 24 at 2:31
  • \$\begingroup\$ if you google Ortofon RMG212 tonearm and look at the found images, then you will see that connector \$\endgroup\$ – jsotola Mar 24 at 3:14
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ @DaveTweed the arc diameter is wrong for tube socket, \$\endgroup\$ – Jasen Mar 24 at 3:43
  • \$\begingroup\$ I think I found one on eBay thanks to your help. It's called an EMT 929. I think it fits my Ortofon RMG 212 tonearm. I will confirm that with seller. They are expensive: $179 plus shipping. I appreciate your help \$\endgroup\$ – JimW Mar 24 at 19:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.