Working in an electronics lab, we do micro soldering and I came across the tool pictured. No Idea what it's is for. I'm guessing its some tool for holding or removing chips as you rework a PCB. I don't even know what to call it (forked flat plate tweezers?) so looking around got me a lot of cosmetic tweezers and normal component handling but I can't seem to find this shape.

Can anyone help?

It's not a major issue just a nice to know if someone else knows.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here


1 Answer 1


Looks like some wafer tweezer  

These tweezers are especially designed for the handling of delicate and fragile silicon wafers, scintillation discs, glass slides, coverslips etc.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Yes, this is correct. I was working at a TI fab in production and this tool was used there very often \$\endgroup\$ Commented Apr 2, 2019 at 9:30
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ +1, I also use these often. It would be worth mentioning how they're used. Namely that the flat of a wafer is aligned with the recessed portion of the tip of the tweezers. \$\endgroup\$
    – Shamtam
    Commented Apr 2, 2019 at 12:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.