In the process of refactoring a large schematic sheet into smaller, more manageable, hierarchical sheets in AD19 I have the following process:
- Create a new schematic sheet for the sub-circuit and save it
- Edit/Refactor/Move Selected Subcircuit to Different Sheet
- Copy all connection net labels from new sheet to old
- In the new sheet: manually convert net labels to ports
- In the old parent sheet: add a sheet symbol, add sheet entries (using Sheet Symbol Actions/ Synchronize Sheet Entries and Ports)
- Connect copied net labels to the new sheet symbol
This seems like it should be much faster... in fact, it seems like it should be 1 click in the refactoring menu (like what happens with Part Actions/Push Part to Sheet). My process works fine, it's just slow and tedious now that I know how to better structure my design.
Is there a better way? Are there some AD19 features I don't know about that will speed this up?