I'm currently creating a circuit according to this schematics i made. I have removed some irrelevant parts for simplification sake.
The SSR in question is a 861SSR210-DC-1. When 5v is applied between the + and - the SSR is able to open the circuit and able to give power to the load which is just a cellphone charger. The problem though is when I turn off the SSR it is still letting through some power, the phone goes back on and off of charging.
Tests I have done that might help:
- I removed the load and measure the voltage between A1 and A2. ON = 238v and OFF = 99v on AC settings of my multitester.
- Put the both + and - on GND, A1 and A2 read around 99v AC.
- There are 2 holes in our wall outlet :)
- The SSR is atached to an extension cord, and this extension cord has a LED indicator on it, and when the ssr is off it dims a little bit, sometimes it blinks really fast
- The SSR also has a led indicator so when I say on and off, I have checked that the led is also on and off respectively