I am designing PCB for a heating control system. I have planned to use PCB mountable SSR for the control the heater element. The SSR can handle maximum of 2A current and heating element not exceed that current.

Anyway, I decided to add a fuse between SSR and heater element. This fuse insert to a PCB mountable fuse holder.

Is their any special fuse for heating element? Can I use normal 2A glass fuse for my application?

PCB mountable fuse holder

  • \$\begingroup\$ @jsotola I want to protect SSR if heater element get more current than 2A. \$\endgroup\$ – user_fs10 May 31 '19 at 9:52

No, you can't use a standard fuses, they are too slow to preserve the SSR. Happy days: fast fuses do exist!

| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks @theGarz. can you command a suitable fuse for my application?My SSR has 4A^2s Output I^2t value. \$\endgroup\$ – user_fs10 May 31 '19 at 10:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.