I am trying to figure out the Inductance used on this PCB. I know it's value but need to understand what type of inductor it is and other things so I can order it.

The code on it 100 M5D yeilds no results. The value from schematic states it to be 10uH.

Any help understanding the packaging/type/current etc. will be very much appreciated.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Look for Burns or Wurth power inductors. You can't be very wrong about it, just take anything on similar size (measure it) \$\endgroup\$ – Gregory Kornblum Jun 9 '19 at 12:15
  • \$\begingroup\$ Ok thanks. Will try looking for Burns or wurth on digikey \$\endgroup\$ – Mohsin Jun 9 '19 at 12:17
  • \$\begingroup\$ The code on it. It has to make some sort of sense right? @GregoryKornblum \$\endgroup\$ – Mohsin Jun 9 '19 at 12:18
  • \$\begingroup\$ Can be a date code, or a factory code. Don't bother. \$\endgroup\$ – Gregory Kornblum Jun 9 '19 at 12:20
  • \$\begingroup\$ Okay found a similar one from Wurth electronics. Hope it fits well on the footprint. Thank you for your help @GregoryKornblum. Answer the question so that I may mark it correct \$\endgroup\$ – Mohsin Jun 9 '19 at 12:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.