I only use Altium Designer. Today I found an arduino due schematic for Eagle PCB Design Software and I saw a symbol I don't know.

What is it, and what is the equivalent in Altium Designer? Is it a directive>>PCB layout in Altium maybe?

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ I happen to have a copy of the DUE that I transferred to Altium in 2013. Want a copy? I remember their prints being a complete mess. \$\endgroup\$ – Chris Knudsen Jun 14 at 19:39
  • \$\begingroup\$ Actually, it's still listed here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=146574.0 \$\endgroup\$ – Chris Knudsen Jun 14 at 19:43
  • \$\begingroup\$ Oh gosh, Im creating all from from eagle file hahaha \$\endgroup\$ – asterix Jun 14 at 20:10

I suspect that those are testpoints.

On the schematic, I would use a single-pin connector symbol. Altium may have a suitable schematic symbol in its libraries somewhere, but it may be easier to make your own symbol than finding something suitable in the libraries.

On the PCB, I would use a footprint consisting of a single pad of some convenient size.

You could, of course, simply ignore them, if you wish.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks, Yes I have a footprint for test point :D \$\endgroup\$ – asterix Jun 14 at 20:10

They are test points connected to usb plug. Please look at the image. enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks very much friends \$\endgroup\$ – asterix Jun 14 at 20:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.