I am trying to use a power amplifier that is available to me to actuate an array of loudspeakers. The array has a total number of 30 loudspeakers (ways of connection can vary).
And I would like to know how I should connect the loudspeaker array to the amplifier to make sure there's enough power for the array and also not overload the array. Below are some parameters of the amplifier and the loudspeaker. Do you think serial connection in this case will be fine?
If possible, would you please show the chain of thought to reach the conclusion? So will help me when I want to change the no. of loudspeakers in the future.
- Power output capacity: 75 VA into a 3 ohm resistive load
- Input impedance: 15 kohm
- Output impedance: 0.04 ohm: [10Hz-5kHz], 0.08 ohm: [5kHz-20kHz]
- Max output current: 5A or 1.8A rms according to selected value
- Max output voltage: 15 V RMS
- Input power: 2W (rated), 3W (max)
- impedance: 8 ohm
The array will be composed of the loudspeaker above with a total number of 30.