This question already has an answer here:

We are producing LED programmable controler, the power supply is 5VDC. Do we need any certification (UL or similar) for the US market?


marked as duplicate by RoyC, Sparky256, Chris Stratton, DoxyLover, Huisman Jul 27 at 18:58

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 2
    \$\begingroup\$ Have you read: electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/297060/… ? Please make clear what your product involves because your title suggests that the power supply is included (so you do mains in => 5 V DC out) but in the text you act like the 5 V DC needs to be supplied from elsewhere. Having a product that is mains connected or not makes a huge difference. \$\endgroup\$ – Bimpelrekkie Jul 10 at 10:37
  • \$\begingroup\$ A programmable controller will almost certainly contain digital doings at above 9kHz, so will very likely need FCC approval at the least even if it is all SELV. \$\endgroup\$ – Dan Mills Jul 10 at 14:01

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.