I am trying to reverse-engineer a PCB, but I can't identify an SMD diode with marking code 3W28J (image below).

photo of component on PCB

Can someone help me to identify the component?

  • \$\begingroup\$ Check this answer by Colin, electronics.stackexchange.com/a/201949/184832, you could desolder the diode from the board and try to measure some of its characteristics. Current ratings and the like are not measurable, but you should provide the exact dimensions. Diode current ratings are often correlated with their size, so comparable sized diodes you'll find on the web should give you a hint about the current capabilities. \$\endgroup\$ – LukeHappyValley Jul 12 at 8:59
  • \$\begingroup\$ It looks like it's next to a power inductor, is it part of a switch mode power supply? The datasheet of the driver IC will often have part recommendations. If it is, a generic shottky with adequate voltage and current ratings would usually do. \$\endgroup\$ – Colin Jul 12 at 13:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.