From my research, I have been having a tough time finding and specifying a fiber optic selector switch or multiplexer. Do fiber optic selector switches exist?
Background - Simple
I have an application with a not-cheap sensor that does the following:
- Sensor emits light
- Light travels and hits an object
- The object absorbs some of the light, and also reflects some back
- Sensor receives returned light
- Sensor processes the change and reports a sensed value
You can have the object be far away from the sensor via the use of a fiber optic cable. I do so, and it works great.
As a cost savings, I would like to have one sensor be able to senses from multiple different objects. This can be done using a bunch of fiber optic cables and a fiber optic selector switch or a multiplexer.
Background - Detailed
To be more detailed:
- Sensor is a pH sensor, EOM-pH-mini.
- Object is a small pH sensor spot, SP-HP5
- Fiber optic cable is polymer, POF
Does anyone here have experience in this area? In case you can't tell, I have none. Can you please provide insight into:
- Suggestions of fiber optic selector switches
- Important parameters in specifying the switch
- If this is even possible?
Thank you in advance for your help!