I looking for advice on the best way to implement a power supply for my project. There are three elements to the project:
- a piezo mixer / preamp requiring a bipolar +9 / -9V supply (schematic attached);
- a SparkFun Red Board requiring 7-15V;
- a Big Easy Driver requiring 8-35V driving this stepper motor.
I had planned on using a Music From Outer Space Wall Wart Power Supply (configured as +9V / -9V) until I realized that the Big Easy Driver requires more amps than the MFOS Wall Wart supply provides: "You can use any kind of power supply (desktop, wall adapter, battery power, etc.), but verify that whatever choice you go with is capable of providing up to 2A and falls in the range of 8V to 35V."
My questions are:
- Would the attached block diagram work in regards to using the positive and ground of a bipolar power supply to power the RedBoard and Big Easy Driver?
- What would you recommend to power my project? I am having trouble finding a circuit that provides +9V / -9V and 2A. I would like to be able to have a single plug and on / off switch.
Thank you for your help!