This NiMH battery began to leak battery acid onto the circuit board / PCB below it. Some of that acid ran down one of the wires connected to the battery and pooled up at the foot of the plug where it connects to the PCB.
Here's a closeup image of the black wire with battery acid gunk running down it onto the PCB below.
Here's what the PCB looked like after I sprayed some WD-40® Specialist® Electrical Contact Cleaner Spray and wiped with a Q-tip.
Is this exposed copper something I should worry about? Is there some means I can use to protect the copper?
For instance is it safe to dab some 100% silicone caulking on it or anything like that?