I'm trying to identify this 30 year old ø24mm 10k log potentiometer so that I can replace it. The only marks on the rear are "RC-302" and "1348616" but that doesn't turn up anything in my searches so I'm looking for a modern equivalent.

What's the right name for this pin configuration, where the pins are reversed such that the shaft of the pot goes back through the PCB to which it's soldered?

(If I search for "reverse" I just get links pointing me to log pots with a reverse log taper).

EII volume pot


Bourns simple calls it "Front Facing", but other manufacturers might use different terminology.


One variation is "panel mount".
These may have pins "straight out" or bent.

These Digikey items look like what's wanted. TTElectronics/BI 155 in stock $0.79/1. Buy 10 now :-)

enter image description here

Here is a similar arrangement but, as above, with only the pins proper bent forwards. enter image description here

That appears to have been copied from here

Available here from Galco

  • \$\begingroup\$ Interesting, thanks! The pin configurations don't quite match the original 24mm pot (the pins are in a straight line) but it might be possible to make them fit. \$\endgroup\$ – Alnitak Aug 22 '19 at 13:06
  • \$\begingroup\$ Hmm, I might be able to make a TT P231 series fit by bending the pins back in the opposite direction... (although those only have a 6mm shaft rather than the 6.35mm of the original) \$\endgroup\$ – Alnitak Aug 22 '19 at 13:42
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ You may also be able to use a pot with tags with holes that extend radially and wrap a stiff wire around the pins, solder it and then extend the wire out in a forward direction. That gives good flexibility for spacing. \$\endgroup\$ – Russell McMahon Aug 22 '19 at 13:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.