I am building a 12 V dual power supply. Since this is the first time I will be using mains (230 V). I would like to make sure that I am not going to burn down my house.
The transformer I want to use is this one in the 2x15 V, 30 VA rated version:
For my power supply I would like to turn this into a 15-0-15 center-tapped transformer by:
- Connecting the primary windings together (grey + violet).
- Connecting the secondary windings together (yellow + black). This would be the center tap.
- Putting a 100 mA fuse before the primary winding (either blue or brown).
- Putting a 1 A fuse on each of the secondary windings (orange and red).
- Feeding these secondaries into a bridge rectifier, filter caps, and regulators.
Is there anything that I missed, or should be aware of before I get myself electrocuted?