First things first - I am a complete novice. Thank you in advance for your help.
I bought a motor second hand, though it has never been used. My aim is to have it run my table saw.
What I know:
- As it is currently wired, I've been able to work out the it will run in a clockwise direction (I will change this)
- I know where to put the earth
What I don't know:
- Why does my motor only have one capacitor? All the others seem to have two? Do I need to do anything about this?
- Why does it have a circuit breaker?
- And most importantly, where do I put the neutral and live wires? I have seen one diagram with the the live going into the circuit breaker and the neutral being connected to the U1 point, but the connections diagram doesn't suggest this.
I know that verions of this question have been asked but I've not been able to find the specific example of a single capacitor/ circuit breaker motor.