I would like to verify the function of this circuit, as well as determine the power usage and heat generated by each component. (I need the latter for doing a thermal analysis)
The circuit has been designed in EasyEDA, and I've tried simulating with same SW (it uses NGspice), but I get the "unknown subcircuit" error for every component but the resistors.
What is the most straightforward, but acceptable, way to simulate/test this? For the calculations of power, I can accept up to 50% error. I'm considering the following options:
- Making the missing Spice models, based on the models of similar components and then changing the key values based on datasheet.
- Using another simulation SW
- Replacing the components with ones that have spice models, for the simulation and possibly also for the final design.
- Order a pre-assembled test PCB where I can isolate parts of the circuit with jumpers, for example, and test with this. (The components are all SMD so breadboarding is no option)
- Order the equivalent THT components and test on breadboard.
- Doing calculations.
And combinations of the above.