I am using a W25X10CL spi data flash to store data.
Following is the data sheet for the data flash:-
I need to read data from multiple sensors every one hour and store them in the data flash till i get a request to read back this data.
Once i get a request to read the data, i need to fetch it from the data flash and transfer it.
I had some questions which i was not able to find in the data sheet.
I am aware that:-
- The mentioned data flash allows only sector/block/chip erase
- I need to erase the address locations before writing any new data
- Data cannot be overwritten at the same address locations
My questions are:
- Can i write data to different addresses in the same page (where data was not written previously)?
- Can i keep appending the data into the data flash?
- Is there a way to erase only certain addresses instead of doing sector erase?