Equipment: Sony Digital Audio Control Center (Digital Cinema Sound) Model No: STR-KG700
Problem: High Pitch Buzzing coming from speaker output and headphone output (when plugged in).
I have tried:
- Changing wall power sources (no difference in sound)
- Unplugging all connections except for the speakers on the back of the receiver (no change in sound)
- Changing speakers did nothing (I didn't think it would have made a difference but I tried anyway)
- Plugging in headphones (the high frequency sound then comes through the headphones)
- Gently smacking and pressing on the amp siding (no change in volume of the noise)
I am unsure how to diagnose circuit boards, other than by looking for visible burns or wire shorts.
If someone could please point me in a direction to test next.