I'm working on a DIY project where I'm basically creating/connecting my own vinyl record player arm.

I have one of these shellheads in the picture below. Ideally I wan't to be able to use this, and also use the connector show, without soldering cables directly onto it. Is this a regular type of connector, which I can buy the female part of? If so, what is it called? It looks like a short DIN connector, but the pins are perfectly squared, which DIN isn't.

Thank you!

enter image description here


Often called an SME tonearm headshell connector 4-pin. The mating part is either a replacement SME 3009 or 3012 tonearm or a female SME tonearm 4-pin socket. Here are a few examples of available parts:




Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.