I am trying to convert excellent microphone from sony vx1000 camcorder to external one pluggable via jack.
I removed the microphone and was able to find schematics I tried connecting jack directly to microphone output (red section in schematics). Later I also connected jack to amplifier output (blue mark in schematics).
I set all of the settings in my other camera I use for testing to off to force it not to adjust audio itself. The audio while working is far from the original one on the vx1000.
When connecting to amplifier output I additionally:
- reduced volume with potentiometer (because output from amplifier is too loud for my camera mic in jack input)
- Added capacitor to prevent voltage from mic in jack input comming from test camera (according to this https://youtu.be/r1yPMDHiRuc?t=283). No big changes.
- Added impedance control with potentiometer but the results didnt vary much.
- How it actually sounds: https://youtu.be/5vVjuH7W8Jw
- How it should sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSKyua8Ots
What else can I do to make it sound exactly like original vx1000?