This clamp is being used on a piece of equipment that is a few years old. I am trying to identify the type of clamp this is. If you the reader cannot identify it, leave a comment with something similar that will not damage thin wire when clamped.Image of clamp

  • \$\begingroup\$ type in test clips into mouser or digikey and browse al the images \$\endgroup\$ – DKNguyen Dec 6 '19 at 1:29
  • \$\begingroup\$ it's a type of aligator clip with smooth jaws. "MUELLER BU-34M" has similar jaws. \$\endgroup\$ – Jasen Dec 6 '19 at 1:51
  • \$\begingroup\$ Is this a Kelvin clip? Because it looks identical to the clips on my cheap Kelvin interface. Check wither both jaws have continuity. \$\endgroup\$ – GB - AE7OO Dec 6 '19 at 2:35
  • \$\begingroup\$ @GB-AE7OO Yes they are, thanks for the assistance. \$\endgroup\$ – Matt Dec 6 '19 at 21:25

Ok, they look like the Kelvin clips on my cheap pair, which look identical to this one. enter image description here Please note the insulated hinge found on both. Here is a set of clips from Amazon and one from Ebay. If so then you need to replace it with another Kelvin clip, like one of the following: Found at Amazon Found at Ebay AST Labs That is just a small selection.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thanks, I appreciate the links you provided. \$\endgroup\$ – Matt Dec 6 '19 at 21:22

It is identical to a Kelvin clip pair that I have. Mine have two coaxial cables and two BNC connectors per clip (so four in total for the red + black clips).

enter image description here

If you don't need the Kelvin feature (independent connections to each side of the jaws) there are plenty of small alligator clips.

  • \$\begingroup\$ Thank you for your help \$\endgroup\$ – Matt Dec 6 '19 at 21:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.