I have two nVIDIA Quadro P5000 GPUs. This component got damaged in one of the GPU while I was removing it from the PC. Please help me to identify this SMD component so that I could purchase and solder onto the other GPU. Thank youenter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ What is damaged on it? If it was ripped from the board, the solder points are most likely destroyed... \$\endgroup\$ – MadHatter Jan 1 at 2:34
  • \$\begingroup\$ @MadHatter The package got a crack on the top. I was able to desolder the chip and solder pads are still there. \$\endgroup\$ – Jishnu Anilkumar Jan 1 at 3:16
  • \$\begingroup\$ Being Q129, My assumption is it is a FET. If you unsoldered it, post image of bottom of package. Based on footprint, and assumption it is a FET, digikey could help you select one that would probably work... \$\endgroup\$ – MadHatter Jan 1 at 4:20
  • \$\begingroup\$ @MadHatter I can't find the bottom of the package. But here is an image of the soldering pads. \$\endgroup\$ – Jishnu Anilkumar Jan 1 at 7:20
  • \$\begingroup\$ yeah, looks like a MOSFET to me too. \$\endgroup\$ – Jasen Jan 1 at 23:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.