I can't seem to find this on the ON Semiconductor page. It's 4mm in length and about 3.5mm in width. Can you tell me how you figure it out, so I can learn?

photo of component

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ RV1 would indicate it being a varistor, not a diode. \$\endgroup\$ – Justme Jan 12 at 17:13
  • \$\begingroup\$ I couldn't find any Varistors by ON Semi so I figured maybe it was a diode. \$\endgroup\$ – ShawnM Jan 12 at 17:27

It could be Transient Voltage Suppressors (transil) with KE markings: 1SMB5.0AT3


| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ Thank you, much appreciated. \$\endgroup\$ – ShawnM Jan 15 at 7:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.