Is it possible to use star-to-delta transformation on this specific circuit below? If it is possible, can someone give me a hint on how to do it? I tried to do delta-to-star transformation and got the answer, but unsure with doing star-to-delta transformation on this circuit shown below. Please enlighten me on this. Thanks!
See below. I've transformed the 24 ohm, 120 ohm and 60 ohm into R1, R2 and R3 positions: -
If you do the math in value translation you can find current \$i_2\$ because: -
- R2 is in parallel with R4 and R3 is in parallel with R5
- they are then in series
- they are then in parallel with R1
- this means you can calculate the currents through 5 ohm and 43 ohms
- it follows that you can calculate the voltage on each node
- it then follows you can calculate \$i_2\$
I'll leave you to do the rest and don't forget, once you have \$i_1\$ and \$i_2\$ you transform back to star to get the voltage across the 60 ohm.