I am trying to repair a PCB that controls a camping fridge, in the process of reverse engineering the circuit I have got stuck at the device in the top left of the below photo marked K17h I believe this is either a transistor or op-amp used to amplify the voltage drop from the large shunt to the right.

Is there any way I can identify this component, and ideally find a pinout? I have searched for K17h but turned up nothing. Is there a database of these SMD codes kept anywhere for reverse engineering purposes?

Close up


1 Answer 1


I think it's a SD5054 lithium battery charge manager by Shouding.

It looked like a sot-23-5 package to me so I found this product page by searching on google: "k17h" sot-23-5.

In the datasheet you'll find some info (in chinese) about the naming of this chip. It says there:



In google translate "日期代码" translates to "Date code"

To answer your question about a database for SMD codes, you'll find some smd code books on google, for example this book which I sometimes use.

  • \$\begingroup\$ so XY=7h = 2017 8th month \$\endgroup\$ Jan 20, 2020 at 13:37
  • \$\begingroup\$ I don't think this is the component, unless it is being used in a creative way. There isn't any lithium batteries in this product, I believe this is being used to monitor for over-current of a cooling fan. That SMD codes link looks very handy and I have bookmarked it even though it doesn't help in this case. \$\endgroup\$
    – Hugoagogo
    Jan 20, 2020 at 21:22
  • \$\begingroup\$ My guess is comparator. Top two pins being in plus and minus, one of the bottom ones being output... \$\endgroup\$ Jan 21, 2020 at 0:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.