Could anybody help to identify this connector type? I know it is kind of old.

enter image description here

  • \$\begingroup\$ Did you search "5 pin round connector" or similar? There's a button here for "Does not show any research effort" \$\endgroup\$
    – pipe
    Jan 23, 2020 at 18:56

1 Answer 1


Looks like 5-pin 180° DIN connector.

  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Pretty much the same as for old computer keyboards (pre-PS2). \$\endgroup\$
    – Eugene Sh.
    Jan 23, 2020 at 17:15
  • 4
    \$\begingroup\$ It's used for older audio equipment, and still used for MIDI (communication between music synthesizers and related devices) \$\endgroup\$ Jan 23, 2020 at 17:15
  • 1
    \$\begingroup\$ Considering the "living room-compatible surface finish" of the plastic around it: This is consumer audio equipment, probably. So, hardwarebook.info/DIN_Audio \$\endgroup\$ Jan 23, 2020 at 19:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.