I have been assigned to monitor the signals related to TPS61091 boost regulator section. I am particularly keen with respect measuring the ripple on the 3.3 V output voltage. I have Lecroy 20Gs/s oscilloscope.
Until now my search on the internet has yielded the below information.
- To use the shortest possible probe length. I have the small ground spring with my probe, so i can use it
- Measure voltage right across the source: for this, I am planning to probe the voltage directly across the output capacitor.
- Probe settings to 1x: this I picked up from a TI application note. I cannot do this probe settings to 10x, because the probes are fixed 10x ones.
- Is point number 3 above still has any work around?
- Are there any better practices I have missed out to measure the ripple accurately?