How can I find out why my wemos D1 mini board is randomly connecting and disconnecting from USB to PC? I got three boards from a chinese retailer. When I plug them in a PC and check device manager, the board randomly pops in and out of existence.
I have tried these things so far:
- tried on three different Windows 10 Systems. Two of which have the random connection, but funny enough: one of them has a stable connection.
- I tried using about 12 different cables.
- I unplugged all other USB devices from the PC's in question.
- I tried using every USB port available on the systems.
- I uninstalled every CH340 related driver from the system. (note: Windows seems to automatically install new CH340 drivers when plugging in the device).
- I have even completely erased Windows and did a fresh install of the operating system on one of the systems.
- I tried all three boards from the same batch I received.
- I tried connecting to a Mac and it seems fine, but I am not 100% certain how to verify a stable connection on a mac.
Normally I would say the board if defect - but why is it connecting ok to one single PC? I am now out of ideas how to further trouble shoot this issue. Any ideas how to find out whats wrong?