I had so many problems with CircuitMaker (Free version of Altium), that I never want to use it anymore.
The problems I had so far:
- Very cumbersome to deselect trace mode in PCB mode (having to get to find a free area outside the PCB borders)
- Very hard to select items (e.g. to remove them)
- Committing changes takes up to minutes
- Lost several times some work due to CircuitMaker not responding (so committing is needed, but this takes a lot of time)
- Access violations after having to wait for 30 seconds
- Not able to place vias (see access violations)
- Not able to deselect items (see access violations)
- Even sending the bug report shows: Operations successfully: 503 Service Unavailable? Try again and shows the same file ... so even the bug send report is buggy.
I made quite a big circuit in CircuitMaker (btw, drawing circuits works very well). But now I want to convert it to KiCAD (which I used before and worked much better). Is this possible?