I use an automatic charger to charge my lead acid battery. After the battery is fully charged, it shifts to maintain mode, where the charging current reduces to as low as 13mA. I noticed that even after I unplugged the charger, while still connected to the battery, the charging current didn't fall to zero but stayed at 13mA.
- Is this normal?
- If there is still current, would it cause a spark when I'm removing the charger clips?
- Would that spark explode the battery if it has been overcharged because of hydrogen ignition?
The battery is 12V and is being charged by motomaster charger on automatic 2A setting. Current before turning it on is 0.001A. This is a photo of the charging setup: