I have a simple circuit. My computer controls an SSR via a 3v dc signal. The load is from a VAC transformer transmitting 10v ac. When "off" I am measuring ~3v coming from the SSR using a multimeter. I have no (literally no) good experience with electricity so I hope I'm using the right terms.
This is for biological research. The end goal is that I can deliver a 1 sec, 5v shock (just enough to be uncomfortable) to a fish upon signal from the computer. What I do not want is for the poor fish to be mildly shocked continuously for the duration of a session.
Is there a way to get rid of the leakage? I don't know if a elctromagnetic switch will work because I might not have enough voltage coming from my computer output to drive it.