I am currently using LTC2311 as ADC with CMOS setting in my circuit. However, I cannot seem to get any output out in the microcontroller (I use the STM32 Nucleo development board). My question is that
- In the datasheet, it is mentioned that to start the conversion the CNV pin needs to be triggered by a low jitter pulse of 38.1ns to achieve the maximum rate of conversion.
- What is the most effective way to send the CNV signal ? should it be done by the usual GPIO pin or with the pin specially assigned for chip select
- For the clock signal, it is mentioned that
The falling edge of this clock shifts the conversion result MSB first onto the SDO pins. A 105MHz external clock must be applied at the SCK pin to achieve 5Msps throughput.
- I am currently using the microcontroller's internal clock of 48MHz. Does this affect the data that is sent? I am aware that this changes the data sampling rate, but apart from that is there any effect on the output?
- is there any better way to generate a clock signal for the output? if so, how?
Thank you so much for your help, It will help with my thesis so much.