I'm looking for help to find a specific connector to complement a PCI Express/PCI Connector. I show it in the red circle mark. The photos are from this HAT for a RaspPi. What is the name of this type of connector?

enter image description here enter image description here


That looks like an m3 or m2.5 broaching nut, but by the looks of it, it is not a solderable nut. It looks more like a press fit broaching nut, that is used for pressing into sheet metal or plastic. (you can tell by the corrugation on the sides which is typical of broaching nuts.)

A better way to do this is to use a solderable nut that is built for PCB's like these:

Some better options are listed here:




| improve this answer | |
  • \$\begingroup\$ Ok, thanks. I'll look at the possibilities. I just realized it needs to be quite high. At least 7.38mm because of the PCI card \$\endgroup\$ – Miguel Jul 2 at 15:48
  • \$\begingroup\$ PEM nuts are usually the best, if you want your PCB assembled they also come in tape and work with SMT assembling equipment and also work with solder and ovens. They also come in lots of different heights. If you can't find your height then get one a little shorter and make up the difference with washers. \$\endgroup\$ – Voltage Spike Jul 2 at 16:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.