What kind of code are the markings on the resistors in the picture?

I think they write out the Omega symbol, just because there is enough space on the component and looks nice, but I was not able to find any matching result online about the meaning of the letter 'F' and 'J'.

What kind of marking system is it?


  • \$\begingroup\$ Could be a date code, lot code, manufacturing site code, etc. \$\endgroup\$
    – John D
    Commented Jul 12, 2020 at 18:30

1 Answer 1


One likely option is tolerance code. F = 1% and J = 5%.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.