I'm working on a project that uses 1700VDC provided from a 220V:1200V isolated toroidal transformer, bridge rectifier and filter cap. I have no experience with high voltages, so I'd like to ask you some questions regarding safety. So far, I will:
- Use insulating gloves Class 1 + leather protector glove.
- Use Emergency button.
- Use warning lights
- De-energize circuit before taking measurements.
- Since the transformer is isolated, I don't need to use insulating boots right? Should I be concerned with capacitive coupling that is mentioned here?
- Should I ground/earth any part of my circuit? How about the equipment frame metal parts?
- Should I use RCD or circuit breaker only?
- Am I missing something?